Thursday, January 13, 2011

Every Girl's Crazy 'Bout A Sharp Dressed Man...

Justin Timberlake and Jessica Beil
photo from The Sartorialistphoto from The Sartorialist

Don’t you just love a guy who knows how to dress with style? It’s a rare and beautiful thing. I’m not talking about throwing on jeans and a tee shirt here, although there’s nothing really wrong with a clean white tee shirt and a well-fitted pair of jeans. But I’m talking about going that step further, and putting a personal stamp and a stylish spin on it. Think Justin Timberlake, or the guys photographed for The Sartorialist.

Maybe it’s the social conditioning thing…you know…“a man who pays too much attention to fashion is considered frivolous, or un-manly.” It’s one of those taboos, along with “guys can’t cry or show emotions that indicate weakness,” that I just don’t understand. Who decided these things? Because to me, there is nothing sexier, more attractive, or more masculine than a man who can freely express his feelings, without self-consciousness...and a man with style. And when I see a guy walking down the street, holding his girl’s hand and really owning his style, it makes me happy! Ladies, are you with me?

C

No comments:

Post a Comment