Thursday, April 26, 2012

Good Medicine...Pampering Yourself

Do you ever have days when you just feel like taking it easy and pampering yourself? Yesterday, I had one of those days. The weather was glorious...warm and sunny, fresh and breezy.
I put on a cute outfit (read thought out and coordinated) and went to my favorite coffee shop for a vanilla latte. I sat on the covered patio (reminds me of the French Quarter) and read a few steamy chapters of Fifty Shades of Grey, then browsed through the magazines at the local bookstore.
Target ~ Bought a bright coral nail polish and a colorful, flowery scarf with tiny ball-fringe trim. (So out of character)
Highland Park Village ~ Just a beautiful, very upscale shopping area. I spent an hour or so at Anthropologie, and purchased a book called Kinfolk. The third volume of Kinfolk explores how we all might benefit from incorporating more of the things we love into our daily routines instead of saving them for the weekend or our next vacation. The essays and personal stories focus on welcoming food, community, and simplicity into our lives as regularly as possible. Check out their blog, www.kinfolkmag.com
For lunch, I decided that eating outdoors was the only possible option. With weather like this, why would anyone want to eat indoors? I sat at a bistro table under a huge oak tree at Celebrity and had a chicken panini with caramelized apples and walnuts with a refreshing ginger iced tea, and a lemon cookie. Delicious, and so relaxing...
After lunch, I went back to Anthropologie and bought some Tocca Florence body creme. Then I checked out some of the other boutiques. Loved Five and Ten, Molto Formaggio, and Stephanie Anne...tried on sunglasses at Peepers.
Sometimes the best medicine is just taking care of you...C

No comments:

Post a Comment