Friday, June 8, 2012

A Few Of My Favorite Things...

Sometimes it's the simple things in life that push our "happy" button. Here are a few of my favorite things...in no particular order....

Waking up in the morning with a creamy, frothy latte...no sugar, sweetener, fancy syrups, or skim milk, please...just good, strong, piping hot coffee and full fat milk. Yummy!

Watching Andy Griffith reruns. Reminds me of my childhood, when life was sweet and uncomplicated...

The Airstream Bambi...one day I will be enjoying my morning latte in one of these chairs...

Auntie Mame never fails to lift my spirits...

I could eat eggs everyday...and I do! Scrambled, fried, poached, boiled...egg salad...eggs make me happy. The only thing better than eggs for breakfast is eggs with bacon for breakfast...

Another old movie that makes me laugh every time I watch it. Mildred Natwick is hysterical. I love dinner at "The Four Winds"...

My new grand daughter Fallon...do you even have to ask?

Daisies against a bright, blue sky. Remember the daisy scene in Harold and Maude?

Smiley Face wants you to be happy too!

This photo of my grandson Jameson ALWAYS makes me smile!

My Dad makes the best lemon pie EVER! And he always makes two...one for me, and one for everyone else. I don't think they know that...

Picasso's Les Demoiselles d'Avignon. Amazing!

Ralph. My role model, style icon, and great friend. He 's cheerful, wears basic black...no frills...and he is the best listener...

My Dad tells a story about leaving for World War II on a ship. As they pulled out of New York Harbor, he stood at the back of the ship, watching the Statue of Liberty until she was out of sight, and wondering if he would ever see her again. Every time I see the Statue of Liberty, it makes me cry. It also makes me proud...proud of my Dad for being a brave, young soldier who risked his life for his country. And it makes me happy, because he came back safely, married my Mom, and became the best father in the world...

The table wine of the South...nectar of the gods...

Have a happy day! C

No comments:

Post a Comment