Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Dream Home...

I want a warehouse...not to store stuff in...to live in. I adore rafters, pipes and ductwork, crusty exposed brick, gigantic metal and glass windows that crank open, creaky old wood floors, and feet and yards of raw space with no interior walls to dictate how that space should be used. I prefer a place that hasn't been renovated to death. And most warehouses used to be something else...a workroom or a factory...which gives them a sense of history and timelessness that I find irresistible. I've been in some of the most beautiful houses on the planet, but my dream home is an urban warehouse loft, in the heart of a city, with quirky boutiques, multi-ethnic restaurants, coffee shops, bookstores, museums, galleries, and all kinds of interesting, wacky people just outside my door...

No comments:

Post a Comment