Thursday, May 20, 2010

Planet Carol's Summer "Wanna-Reads"

You Say Tomato, I Say Shut Up...A Love Story
by Annabelle Gurwitch and Jeff Kahn

Writer Kahn (Curb Your Enthusiasm) won an Emmy for scripting The Ben Stiller Show. Actress Gurwitch (Seinfeld) produced a documentary adapted from her 2006 book Fired! Tales of the Canned, Cancelled, Downsized and Dismissed. Married for 13 years, they look back with laughter at the highs, the lows, and their different marital needs. Reviews are good, it sounds hysterical, and I need a laugh...

Hellhound On His Trail: The Stalking of Martin Luther King Jr. and the International Hunt for His Assassin
by Hampton Sides

I experienced the assassination of Dr. King closeup and personal growing up in Memphis in the 60's, and fellow native Memphian Hampton Side's book sounds fascinating...

The Carrie Diaries
by Candace Bushnell

The coming of age story of a small-town Carrie Bradshaw, pre-Sex and the City. I make no apologies...I loved Sex and the City, and I want to know how and why Carrie became a writer, and what brought her to her beloved New York City...

No comments:

Post a Comment